1. Use sprays or cleansers that are specifically made to clean eyeglass lenses, i.e. ZEISS Cleaning Spray / Wipes
2. Use the right cloth.
3. Hold your frames by gripping the piece that crosses the bridge of the nose. This will keep you from accidently bending the frame while you clean. Bent glasses can negatively affect the way you see out of your glasses. Plus, if your frames are bent out of shape, they're more likely to feel uncomfortable.
4. Store your glasses when you're not wearing them. This isn't just a great way to keep dust and dirt away from your eyeglasses, but it also protects your specs from getting scratched, bent or broken.
5. Washing your glasses at least once a day will keep your lenses in their optimal state. The cleaner your glasses, the less your eyes have to strain to see through smudges, dirt and dust.
1. Avoid paper towels, tissue, or napkins to dry your lenses. All of these materials, regardless of how soft they are on your skin, have a textured surface and can easily scratch your lenses.
2. Avoid high temperatures, like the dashboard of the car in the summer. Lens coatings cannot withstand temperatures above 80C.
3. Avoid sudden changes in temperature, i.e. steam from cooking
The ZEISS range of cleaning solutions includes specialized, easy-to-use cleaning wipes and sprays to effectively clean and remove germs, dirt and impurities from these high-touch items we call lenses. ZEISS pre-moistened lens wipes have been specifically developed for the gentle and effective cleaning of glass and plastic lenses, and are particularly effective for high-quality, coated precision lenses. ZEISS Cleaning Solutions are also suitable for cleaning photographic lenses, smartphones & tablets.